Designed to scale out Brocade VCS fabrics, the 100 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE)-ready Brocade VDX 8770 Switch supports complex, highly dynamic environments with dense virtualization and extensive automation requirements. The Brocade VDX 8770 is a highly scalable, low-latency 1/10/40 GbE modular switch, available in both 8U four-slot and 15U eight-slot versions.
The Brocade VDX 8770 supports the most demanding data center networking needs. Highlights include:
- Simplifies network architectures and enables elastic cloud networking with Brocade VCS Fabric technology
- Enables easy scale-out of Brocade VCS fabrics with unified logical chassis management
- Provides efficiently load-balanced multipathing at Layers 1, 2, and 3, and multiple active Layer 3 gateways
- Delivers 40 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) wire-speed switching with auto-trunking Inter-Switch Links (ISLs) for non-disruptive scaling, with direct connections for more than 8000 server ports per fabric
- Simplifies Virtual Machine (VM) mobility and management with automated, dynamic port profile configuration and migration
- Provides scale-out performance and investment protection via a 100 GbE-ready, 4 Tbps per slot line-rate design while delivering exceptional application response times with 4-microsecond latency
- Provides hardware-enabled support for Software-Defined Networking (SDN) implementations across data, control, and management planes
Compared to classic Ethernet architectures, Brocade VCS Fabric technology allows all paths to be active and provides greater scalability — while reducing management complexity.
Brocade VCS fabrics provide considerable elasticity, compared to both traditional Ethernet networks and competitive Ethernet fabric solutions. With Brocade, organizations can start with small VCS fabrics and scale out the fabric as their needs dictate.
The Brocade VDX 8770 can be used to build a wide range of VCS fabrics, including:
- Smaller-scale VCS fabrics: Can collapse access and aggregation tiers using the Brocade VDX 8770 as a port-dense middle-of-row/end-of-row access switch
- Medium-scale VCS fabric configurations: Can utilize the Brocade VDX 8770 as a spine switch in combination with Brocade VDX 6710, 6720, and 6730 leaf switches
- Large and very large VCS fabrics: Can use the Brocade VDX 8770 homogeneously as both leaf and spine switches
Our Sales Representatives are available to discuss your data center, network and power management needs.
Phone 630.904.6166 or